Year In Review- 2008

As I looked back and reflected on the year, I was amazed at how successful it had been for Acadia. I hadn't realized it until I began compiling, and then I was surprised to see that some of the fun and "eventful" things I had done had not even made the blog!


One example of a missed blog entry- I showed at Westminster! I can't believe I didn't write about it. It was a wonderful experience and I have Chris and Madeleine Griffin-Cone to thank. I showed the lovely Ch. Gryphyn The Aviator for them. He was a pleasure to show, and they were a pleasure to show for.

Another happening that I didn't write about- I was elected to serve as an American Shetland Sheepdog Association Regional Representative. I attended my first ASSA board meeting in September in St. Louis. It is exciting and also a responsibility to serve this breed I love so much.

I had two sweepstakes judging assignments- one for Three Rivers Shetland Sheepdog Club of Greater Pittsburgh and one for the Northern California Shetland Sheepdog Club. I enjoyed both assignments and noticed that both times Blue merles were Best in Sweeps. In Pittsburgh a Bi-color was Runner-up and in No. Cal a sable was Runner-up.
While in No. Calif. I got to meet and stay with Amy- Quill's mom. That was a pleasure.

A Fun and exciting surprise was when I discovered that I had been quoted on Shelties On Line (see June 7th). What a thrill!

The magazine ShowSights asked me to participate in the "Tell us about the Herding Group" for a second time this year (I participated in 2007 as well).

Dogs In Review accepted an Opinion piece I had written and it is in the Annual Issue due out this month. I couldn't believe it when I found out that I would get paid for my opinion. My husband says that I have so many opinions, if I could figure out how to get paid for even a fraction of them I would be rich!

Then of course there were the many successes of the dogs and their owners- these are the ones I am most proud of. All-in-all, in 2008 Acadia shelties earned:

5 new Rally-O titles

23 new Agility titles (I think I got them all- if not, then there are more than 23!)

1 New Obedience title

5 New Herding titles

1 Canadian Championship

and I finished 1 champion for Ken and Gloria Hansen- Belaire Shelties

The titles that were earned in 2008 are in italics.

Sunburst Bright Sunny Day won a 5 pt. specialty major (I bred her). Shown by her owner Sharon Crawford, Sunburst shelties (and also a co-breeder)

Belaire's Little Bit Country won a 5 pt. specialty major (I showed her). Owned by Ken and Gloria Hansen, Belaire Manor shelties and corgis.

Acadia Aquilegia, RN,RA,RE, CD, AX,AXJ Owned, loved, and trained by Amy

Acadia Catcher In the Rye, CDX, NAJ, TN-N, WV-N Owned, loved and trained by Dr. Amy

Linden Acadia Stacked Deck, HIAd Show Low is owned, loved, and trained by Penny

Acadia Cierra Like a Rock, OAJ, AXJ, HT, RN Owned and loved by Merrylee and loved and trained by Arlene.

Acadia Sweet Emotion, AXJ, OF, PT, OA both Molly and Valerie are now owned, loved and trained by Pam

MACH 4 Acadia Color of Passion, HSAds, MX, MXJBold

NATCH, V-NATCH Acadia Rally Round The Flag, O-TN-N, S-WV-E, S-HP-N both Rally and Rumor are owned, loved and trained by Phyllis

Acadia Rumor Has It, NAC, NCC, NJC, TN-N,O-TN-N, HP-N

Acadia Paint The Town, O-EAC, NATCH-Jump, HP-N, S-WV-O, NATCH-Reg Both Hannah and Hope are owned, loved and trained by Sharon

Acadia I Hope Ewe Can, NAC, NJC, O-TN-N, TG-N,HP-N
Acadia What Ever It Takes, OA, OAJ, AD, OAC, OJC,OCC,TG-O,TN-O, TN-E, HTAD II-s, HTAD III-s, HRDII-s, OTDs Both WIT and Kaibab are owned, loved, and trained by Morene
MACH, ADCH, NATCH2, V-NATCH Acadia's Candidate, MS, GS-E, JS-E, RS-E, HSAs, STDs

Acadia Livana Heirloom Jewels, RN Lizzy is owned, loved and trained by Luann

Acadia Sweet Confection, RN Candy is owned, loved, and trained by Jan

Can. Ch. Grandgables Acadia Accolade Allie is owned and loved by me, but was loved and shown by Guy.

Ch. Belaire's Town N' Country Owned and loved by Ken and Gloria Hansen and shown and loved by me.

PLEASE- If I missed any of your great accomplishements- let me know!!!

And finally- 2008 ends with 7 healthy puppies born on Dec. 30. What a great ending- really, a beginning.

THANK YOU to all who have made 2008 so memorable, successful, and fun.


Cool Design Shelties  – (December 30, 2008 at 10:44:00 PM PST)  

Congratulations on a successful year, fantastic achievement. Good luck with the new litter. I Wishes you and your family a happy and prosperous New Year to you and your family.

//Bente

Acadia Shelties  – (December 31, 2008 at 7:42:00 PM PST)  

parents of those puppies are Acadia King Charles x Acadia Peace of Mind (aka. Dove)
Ch. Jana Barwood Winning Silks, AX, AXJ
Acadia King Charles
Acadia's Crown Jewel
Puppies
Ch. Daval Nevermind
Acadia Peace of Mind
Ch. Acadia It's My Treat (a Jamie daughter)
Acadia's Crown Jewel has the destinction of being the first picture I posted on this blog (Nov. 2006)

Acadia Shelties  – (December 31, 2008 at 7:45:00 PM PST)  

Huh- well when I wrote the comment, I formatted the dogs names in pedigree format- but I see the comment put everything "flush left". I was attempting to show you a 3 generation pedigree of the puppies. Oh well- now I know- tabs and spaces don't work.

Anonymous –   – (January 7, 2009 at 10:40:00 AM PST)  

Congratulations on a very successful year for Acadia shelties and a great start for 2009 with a beautiful liter of new baby Acadia shelties!

Post a Comment