Puppy Therapy

Two weeks ago I was telling my friend and co-worker, Erica, that my puppies needed to meet more people, so Erica invited me to a Bible study group. It is a small group of about 5 or 6 people who meet 1 mile from my house every Thursday. I told Erica that I thought having puppies at a Bible study would be too distracting, but she said that she had already called the hostess, Amanda, and told her I was coming.

It was great fun and wonderful for the puppies. That night they met 5 new people and got to go on a short car ride. Amanda has a friendly dog and so the puppies got to meet a friendly dog too.

The puppies were definitely a distraction and they were the subject of conversation the entire study time. Amanda asked if I was coming back next week with the puppies, and I must say, I did think they had been such a distraction that they would not be welcome back- but they were.

I went the following Thursday (last week) as well. As I was leaving, Amanda said, “well I needed some good puppy therapy. I had a head ache all day, but after holding these puppies, it is gone.”
On Saturday the puppies got to meet a 5 year old boy and 6 year old girl. They were great with the puppies and it is so good that they (the puppies) have gotten to meet friendly (gentle) children.

Cool Design Shelties  – (January 28, 2009 at 11:03:00 AM PST)  

Lovely to see the interaction between them. Good therapy for both children and puppies :o)

//Bente

OBay Shelties  – (January 28, 2009 at 1:48:00 PM PST)  

I have to borrow children all the time! You know what I mean! haha. It is great when you can get help socializing the pups isn't it?

Post a Comment