Sheltie Sled dog Team??? ...... Hmmmm

Today I got this funny email from Luann.... and I must say, it got me thinking, why not?

"We want to try out for the sled dog team!!!These girls are still kicking my butt. We walk once if not twice a day and my shins are sore! I have to walk full speed to be sure Lizzy is trotting any faster (light jog)and Eve breaks gait. It takes me 30 minutes of movement to wear them out to a comfortable walking pace for ME!!! These girls have guts. Therefore, we're ready to head up the next sled dog team. "

So what would a sheltie sled team look like? (Helen- got a sled? Let's try this out)

Helen  – (July 2, 2008 at 7:48:00 AM PDT)  

hmm, skis are the better way to go with only a few dogs, even mighty shelties. Or you could bike-jor or do cani-cross (running:-).

I don't have harnesses small enough for your guys though!

Acadia Shelties  – (July 2, 2008 at 11:21:00 AM PDT)  

Yeah! I like the ski-joring idea. I can just see Leann now.

Post a Comment