Fun (successful) weekend


At the shows held in Bloomsburg, PA, my friend Ellen Russell (pictured with the smooth collie) asked if I would be willing to help her show her collies. She shows both smooth collies and rough collies. I said I would love to help her. Well- we had a GREAT weekend.

Friday- I showed a smooth male to Winners Dog, Ellen showed her smooth female to Winners Bitch and Best of Breed (over specials). Ellen showed a Rough male to Winners Dog and I showed a Rough female to Winners Bitch and Best of Breed. I showed Ken and Gloria's sheltie to Winners Bitch. This picture is of me and Ellen in the Herding Group where the judge pulled me and the rough collie out for placement consideration. This was the BEST day! We won all the points we were competing for!

Saturday- I showed the (same) smooth male to Winners dog and Best of Winners for a major, Ellen showed the smooth female to Winnners Bitch- which happened to finish her championship. She showed the (same) rough male to Winners dog and I showed the (same) rough bitch to Best of Breed. A sheltie that Ellen bred was Best of Breed in Shelties and I took her back into the group.
Sunday- Ellen won Best of Breed with a smooth collie special and I won Best of Opposite Sex with the female that Ellen had finished on Saturday. In Rough Collies, Ellen showed the (same) rough male to Winners dog and I showed the (same) rough bitch to Winners Bitch and Best of Breed. I showed the sheltie to Reserve Winners Bitch.

Oh- it was such a great and VERY SUCCESSFUL weekend.

Post a Comment