R.Regner Arvidson 7/30/1929- 7/26/2010





My Dad passed away this past Monday. Here is a link to his obituary. Yesterday would have been his 81st birthday. I got a balloon and Mike and I went out to one of our pastures and let it go. Then we laid in the grass and watched it until we couldn't see it anymore. It was so peaceful- so quiet. I really enjoyed the visual "letting go".
Our family was lucky. We all got to tell him that we loved him before he died, and he was active and "living" right until the end. I don't think any of us can ask for anything more- except maybe never to have to say, "good bye".
There are so many things I have to say about him, but at the moment I can't. His memorial service will be held Aug. 15th and I hope you will all indulge me by allowing me to write more about him then. Maybe by then I will be able to recount a few memories.
It was just last year that my parents celebrated 50 years of marriage. They took us all to Nantucket- here is a link to the blog post I wrote last year. The picture was taken during that celebration. I hope everyone thinks their parents, siblings, family is really special- I know that I do. I love you, and miss you Dad.

Chris and Ricky  – (August 1, 2010 at 4:59:00 AM PDT)  

So sorry to hear about your dad - he sounded like a wonderful man. We're thinking of you.....

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren  – (August 1, 2010 at 8:56:00 AM PDT)  

I am so deeply, deeply sorry for your loss. I understand and know your pain. I lost my Dad in 2001, I adored him.

I found your blog from when I was reading Sheltie Beauties...I am happy I found it. I have a Sheltie as well (and a cat).

I wish you peace and strength to get through this most difficult time

Sheltiedoc  – (August 1, 2010 at 7:52:00 PM PDT)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. You only get one dad; it sounds like yours was a very special one. I know he will continue to live on through his children and grandchildren and you will think of him often.

Anonymous –   – (August 3, 2010 at 9:47:00 PM PDT)  

Oh Cadie, I was truly and deeply saddened to hear about the loss of your father. Please know that your many friends are thinking of you. Your dad sounds like he was a remarkable humanitarian and a wonderful scholar as well as being an all-around great father and grandfather. May you derive comfort from all of your memories. I know your dad will continue to live in your heart forever.

Post a Comment