2009- Year In Review

Rain- a daughter of Ch. Acadia Rock Solid, HT x Ch. Acadia It's My Treat. She is now owned by Phyllis Sanders.


This picture is of Eden, Cassia, Manny and Lydia at the herding test where Rocky earned his HT. They were about 8 weeks old.

Oh gosh- is it that time again? I haven’t sent out the Christmas Cards yet so how can it be New Years’ eve?


Last year when I did a year in review, I found it helpful (for myself) to see how active the dogs and their owners had been. I think it is fun to “look back”- so here goes:

The biggest event of 2009 was the celebration of my parent’s 50th Wedding Anniversary in June. My whole family met on the island of Nantucket for a week. It was a very special week that won’t be forgotten any time soon.

The second biggest event of 2009 was a change of employment. I left the Mifflin County Conservation District- who I have worked for since 2000. I am currently working for Capital RC&D as a Grazing Advisor. This was a big change and I am hoping it will prove to be a very fruitful one.

I had a few “media” experiences this year- Animal Planet aired a herding demonstration I hosted as part of the Harrisburg Kennel Club show. I had a few articles published in different publications such as Dogs In Review, Sheltie International, and Southern Sheltie Directory.

I ended my 2008 year in review with the birth of beautiful babies- and one year later I still have 4 of the 6 puppies from the Acadia King Charles x Acadia Peace of Mind litter. Three of them will continue to remain here while the 4th, Lydia, is now available to a pet home. The three that will stay are Acadia Peaceful Garden (Eden)- who has a Runner-up Best in Sweeps “under her collar” (so to speak), Acadia Presence of Mind (Cassia), and Acadia Prince of Peace (Manny). I have loved these puppies and they have provided much enjoyment all year. Yesterday they turned a year old.

Carrie passed away this year. She is deeply, deeply missed by Katie, Erin, Debbie, me and Mike. She offered so much to so many people.

We are playing host to the beautiful Am/Can Ch. Grandgables The Frat Boy. Because of him we also got to host Jean Simmonds and Carol McChandless for a night while they were breeding a lovely bitch to Brother. I LOVED having “dog guests”.

On to the successes of the dogs and their dedicated owners (titles from 2009 are in italics):

Ch. Sunburst Bright Sunny Day owned, loved, and shown by Sharon Crawford co-bred by me and born here at Acadia. She is the daughter of Ch. Acadia’s Bright Idea, RA, NA,NAJ x Ch. Sunburst Acadia Here I Come.

CH. Acadia’s Bright New Day owned and loved by my sister, Beck Kelly and her daughter Lauren Kelly- co-bred by me and Sharon Crawford, shown by me. Chip is the littermate of Sunny (above) and the third from this litter to finish.

NATCH, V-NATCH Acadia Paint the Town owned, loved, trained and trialed by Sharon Bradshaw. I know that Hannah earned many other agility titles this year and I need Sharon to send me a complete list of all these two have accomplished together (hint, hint). These two championships are a HUGE accomplishment (as all championships are-)

Acadia I Hope Ewe Can- owned, loved, trained and trailed by Sharon Bradshaw (Sharon- help!!! What are her titles?)

NATCH2 , V-NATCH2 Acadia Rally Around the Flag- owned, loved, trained and trialed by Phyllis Sanders.

Acadia Rumor Has It,S-NJS,S-NAS,S-NCS,S-TNS-N,TGS-N,S-WVS-N, S-HPS-N, S-TNS-O, TNS-E, WVS-O- owned, loved, trained and trialed by Phyllis Sanders

Linden Acadia Stacked Deck, CDX, HSAds, HSBd, HIAds- owned, loved, trained and trialed by Penny Brcich.

Acadia Aquilegia, CD, RE, MX, AXJ- owned, loved and trained by Amy

Acadia Cierra Like a Rock, RN, HT, NA, AXJ, NF, VC- Owned and loved by Merrylee and Chet Malanowski and trained and trialed by his “team” who also love and co-own him: Arlene Soderman, Penny Brcich and me! This year Nicky came to visit and brought his conformation point total brought to 9 pts.

Acadia Whatever It Takes, AX, OAJ –loved, owned, trained and trialed by Morene Brown

Acadia Angus Macphangus, CD- loved, owned and trained by John and Joan Hoffman. This brag didn’t get on the blog back in August when they accomplished this task. I got to see John, Joan and Mac at the shows in Bloomsburg this past fall. I was thrilled when John came to find me.

Acadia Sweet Home Arizona, PT- loved, owned, and trained and trailed by me.

Ch. Acadia Rock Solid, HT- loved, owned and trained and trialed by me, but loved and lives with Mary and Martin Smith.

Unknown  – (December 31, 2009 at 5:30:00 PM PST)  

Hi!
Your sheltie pups are totally adorable!
We're hoping our little Eva will turn out with a huge coat! When you hold her,she's a fat fluffball...you can't even see her skin! And she's only 35days old :D
Her parents and grandparents are all from some nice champions, but she's just our pet. However, we're planning on taping her ears soon.

Hope you can drop by one day :D

Unknown  – (December 31, 2009 at 8:04:00 PM PST)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cool Design Shelties  – (January 1, 2010 at 12:21:00 PM PST)  

Great idea to make a year in review....it gives a better view of the year!! An Idea I never have thought about...thanks for this great idea and thanks for the nice comments on my blog - which I value alot :o)

//Bente

Happy New Year to you and your family - also to all the dogs :o)

Natasha  – (January 1, 2010 at 12:26:00 PM PST)  

2009 has been a great year for all of us! Very cute photo :)

~Nat

Pennylynn  – (January 6, 2010 at 4:16:00 AM PST)  

Congrats on all your successes of 2009, Wishing you more in 2010

Post a Comment