Ch. Zion's Man About Town, NA,HT,VC,ROM, 5CC (4/9/94 - 4/26/09)


The sheltie world is a little dimmer. Ch. Zion’s Man About Town, NA, HT, VC, ROM, 5CC passed away in the arms of his owner, Madeleine, on April 26, just 17 days after his 15th birthday. “Jamie” as he was known was a ray of sunshine in the ring.

In 1997, at age 3, Jamie won the herding group at the prestigious Westminster Kennel Club. He owned the ring! In the Best In Show ring, Jamie demanded attention and was a crowd favorite. He loved the spotlight and watching his performance that night and others, it was clear that he was a "show dog". Jamie accomplished a lot of achievements. He accomplished titles in 3 different venues, he was a producer, and a good travel companion and dignified friend.

I first saw Jamie when he was 10 weeks old. I purchased his litter sister, who became Ch. Zion Acadia Town Heroine, CDX, PT, VCX (who passed away in August 2008). Tucket shared Jamie’s love of life, love of the show ring, and love of people. These two dogs were sensible in ways that I have not experienced since then.

I am honored to have been part of this family. Each one of the shelties of Acadia is a descendant of Jamie or Tucket, or both.
Madeleine- this past April 9th I thought about Tucket all day. My heart was heavy as I mourned her loss- My heart goes out to you now as I know how special Jamie was to you. I am mourning with you now.

Sheltiedoc  – (May 6, 2009 at 1:32:00 PM PDT)  

Jamie was my favorite sheltie ever, and the reason I have sables now. I still remember the first time I saw him in the ring. It was before he won Westminster, and I think it was one of the first shows he did with Linda. I had shown in agility at the big Bluegrass cluster in Lexington and had walked over to the breed rings in time to see the herding group. The sheltie took my breath away- he had the most incredible movement. I think he won the group that day. I remember fishing a catalog out of the trash to find out who he was (and unless you knew me at the time, you don't know just how good he had to be for me to be looking at a "brown dog"!). When I saw his face on the big screen at Westminster watching on TV at home, my heart just melted and I knew my next dog would look like that. Andy definitely had the "family look"- he was a TC grandson. You can pick out the white markings, sweet expressions, and that special spark anywhere and know what you will find when you look in a catalog. I last saw Jamie I think at the 2000 national and he was as beautiful as ever. I'm so sad to know we won't see him flying around the ring again...

Anonymous –   – (May 6, 2009 at 2:38:00 PM PDT)  

So sorry to hear about Jamie :( Our thoughts and prayers are with his owners.

Natasha  – (May 6, 2009 at 4:04:00 PM PDT)  

What a beautiful sheltie, and sounds like he was beautiful on the inside too. Praying for healing all around. He lived a long life, and I'm sure a great one too.

~Nat

Anonymous –   – (May 16, 2009 at 1:45:00 AM PDT)  

I still believe that Jamie is the most beautiful sheltie I have ever seen. I came across his picture in a magazine, It was the first time that I had seen him and I couldn’t help but stare. This dog was captivating, a lone rose in a field of daisies. A trained eye could see just what made this dog so special, he was and remains an outstanding example of the breed. This sheltie has gone down in history and will not soon be forgotten.
As he awaits you on the rainbow bridge do not morn his passing but remember the life and happiness he brought you and he will forever watch over the next generations of furry tails that fallow in his footsteps carrying a proud legacies with them.
Breeder to breeder
My heart goes out to you and I wish you many more dream makers….

Cristina  – (August 13, 2009 at 8:33:00 AM PDT)  

I just came across this blog as I was googling Jamie's show name, and I find myself so sad to hear about his death! I own one of Jamie's daughters, a female we got from one of his litters back in 1997 who was too small to show. Cashy, as my Dad named her, is the best dog in the world! Her temperment is so sound, she is a lovable and affectionate dog, and terribly smart! My parents came to own her by going to a Westminster show around the time, where they saw Jamie competing for the group spot. He didn't win, but my parents simply could not take their eyes off of him! They spoke to Linda who told them about a 3 month old female she was looking to place into a home. Cashy, who I got when I was just turning 8 years old, was my first dog, and will surely be my best.

I wish that I could have met Jamie in person as my parents had. But none the less, I feel so honored to own a child of such an amazing dog that accomplished so much.

Rest in peace, Jamie.

P.S. I don't know if this is of any interest to anyone, but I'd be glad to share pictures of my Cashy! I think she looks a lot like her Daddy :)

Anonymous –   – (July 21, 2010 at 2:00:00 PM PDT)  

Hope someone sees this post -- I thought it was a relevant place to share the sad news that a Grandson of Jamie passed away last night at a vet. center in Bedford NY.

Ch Zion's Man About Manhattan - "Ogilvy" - lived 12 fun-filled years (mostly in Connecticut with his family of 4, including our 2 daughters. He was adorable and adored. And he returned our love ten-fold. He is missed. Anyone interested can contact me at stevec3659@mac.com

Unknown  – (February 20, 2022 at 1:59:00 PM PST)  

Wow I was dear friends with Rick & Candy Eastman, they owned a male named Eneas New Beginning Chance, my very first sheltie was a pup from Chance Jamies brother makes me sad reading this, There will never be another sheltie like Jamie I'm so glad to have met a breeder that new them 😢 💙

Post a Comment