4th of July has historically been a Successful dog show day for us

 Today "Trestle" (Acadia Everyone's Opinion) was Winners Bitch- but I didn't get a picture because it was only 1 point, but on the drive home I was thinking about all of the successes I have had on this day over the years- and wished that I had gotten a picture.  

Ch. Zion Acadia Town Heroine, CDX, PT, VCX finished her championship on this day in 1997.  Tucket was the first dog I had finished by myself and I pretended that all of the fireworks that night were for us.  We lived in Arizona at the time and these shows were in California.  We had a lovely dinner on a dock by the ocean- and I was on cloud 9.  

Another memorable 4th of July I was showing a bitch in Maryland, my friend Cathy Meek had one of my bitches in Arizona, and someone else (I can't remember who) had a 3rd girl out - all three of them  won that day.  Again, Fireworks to honor their success!

"Mason" was conceived on July 4th- and was named Ch. Acadia Independence Day, CD,RM,RAE, BN,TKI - he became GCh. Acadia Serenity's first champion, and funny enough- his father's name is GCh. Barwood Clearsky Fireworks (he was born in July- but not the 4th of July)

Happy 4th of July - may the fireworks be to honor You too.

Post a Comment