New Champion: *Ch* Acadia's Bright New Day




Sunday was a Bright New Day! Chip was Winners Dog for a major and Dove was Winners Bitch!
Chip has needed one major to finish for over a year. I have spent a TON of money on entry fees for shows that didn't make a major* and he has been shown at shows that were majors and he has gone Reserve! more than I cared. Well....................... I decided that my problem was that I didn't have Champagne with me.

I had a bottle of Champagne with me when I finished Breckon. I had a bottle of Champagne with me when I finished Genna. Clearly Chip didn't feel I was "prepared"- soooooo this weekend I made sure that before I left for the weekend I got a bottle of Champagne. I said to Chip, "ok buddy- now I am not only ready, I am prepared."- and don't you know- he came through!.

Chip can be difficult to show sometimes. He has a lot of energy and he moves at the end of his lead- always. On bad days he "chases" the dog in front of him in line. This throws off his front and the judge can't see his lovely, flowing side gate when he dose that. Not this weekend. He was PERFECT. I was so proud of the way he showed.

I was on cloud 9 (because Chip had finished) when I went into the ring with Dove. She won her class, but there were only 2. When we went in for Winners I was relaxed and just plain happy. Don't you know- she was Winners Bitch! It was a major in dogs only, so in order for Dove to win the major, she would have to go Best of Winners. Because I had both Winners dog and Winners bitch I needed someone else to handle one of them for Best of Winners. I asked a friend to take Chip in for me. I thought that would give me the best chance of having Dove go Best of Winners.

Winners Dog is always in front of Winners Bitch in the line up, so Chip was ahead of me. Well- he was BAD. He sat, he turned around to look at me, he galloped around the ring- he was just plain a handful- but he STILL went best of winners! so Dove only got 1 point, not a major. Oh well. At least if the judge wasn't going to "cross over" the points, then I am glad it was my bitch. I would have felt very bad if it someone else had not gotten the major.

Chip is Champion #4 for Carrie (Ch. Sunburst Acadia Here I Come). He is sired byPayson (Ch. Acadia's Bright Idea, RA,NA,NAJ)

*the number of points is based on the number of dogs entered. "make a major" is the lingo used when the number of dogs entered (and shown) is at or above the number established for 3 points. This process could be a blog entry all by itself.

Laureate  – (September 21, 2009 at 5:26:00 AM PDT)  

Wonderful story! Congratulations!!! I hope you had a great party afterwards with the champagne...

Cheers, Kim

Acadia Shelties  – (September 21, 2009 at 7:07:00 AM PDT)  

Thanks Kim, Yes- I think sharing Champagne took the edge off the fact I won in both dogs and bitches!!!! I always enjoy sharing the excitment of wins. When you win with your own dogs, you don't have the "built in" people to celebrate with like you do when you win with someone eles's dog.

Acadia Shelties  – (September 21, 2009 at 7:15:00 AM PDT)  

Oh Yeah- in addition to the Champagne- I also took my bike. We showed at 2:00pm, but I got to the show site at 7:30am and biked him to settle him down. That helped a lot.

Maryanne –   – (September 21, 2009 at 9:38:00 AM PDT)  

Congratulations! Yeah to Chip! I can't wait to meet him.

Sheltiedoc  – (September 22, 2009 at 5:33:00 PM PDT)  

Congrats! Love the face, and I like those butthead boys!

Anonymous –   – (September 22, 2009 at 6:42:00 PM PDT)  

Congratulations on this super achievement! That is a very big deal, and Rory and I couldn't be happier or prouder of you and Chip. I see a definite family resemblance in the faces of Chip and his half-brother Rory :)

Mary  – (September 23, 2009 at 3:40:00 AM PDT)  

Congratulations! What a beautiful dog!!

Natasha  – (September 29, 2009 at 2:01:00 PM PDT)  

Woohoo congrats! He's a handsome guy. I guess his "naughtiness" shows sheltie spunk, haha! :)

~Nat

Post a Comment