Acadia- more perfect than I was even aware

I still have the 1986 Tri-state SSC catalog where my mom and I wrote a few variations and finally settled on Acadia for my “kennel name”. My first name of course is Cadie- my maiden name is Arvidson, so drop the e and keep the A (cadia) and add my love of nature and of course the first thing a New Englander (me) thinks of is the beautiful National Park in Maine, Acadia- it was a “natural” fit.
It turns out it was even more perfect than I imagined. Last night while watching a PBS program on the US National Parks, I learned that Acadia is a French word meaning “Heaven on Earth”. How perfect! Learning this made me so happy. I have always felt that a life filled with dogs is heaven on earth. The choice of Acadia was even more perfect than I was originally aware.

Sheltie Owner  – (October 1, 2009 at 5:15:00 AM PDT)  

Cadie, great minds think alike. I,too, watched that program on the national parks. Fascinating!

Acadia was a perfect choice for your kennel name...and GMC even named a car for that park!

Bonnie & Acadia One No Trump, "Mike"

Natasha  – (October 1, 2009 at 5:15:00 PM PDT)  

Interesting! It is a perfect name! Has a nice ring to it too.

~Nat

Post a Comment