Happy 6th Birthday Genna


A little belated. Genna (Ch. Acadia It's My Treat) turned 6 on 8/8/09. This past year she moved in with Don. Everyone who came to my house would say, "I'll take HER!" while pointing at Genna. She is beautiful and fun and everyone just fell in love with Genna. Genna, however, is not "every one's" dog. She is not fond of children, she loves to chase birds, squirrels, cats, balls- you get the idea, she is a country girl, but needed a fenced yard, and she really wanted to be an only dog.

Don, who had never had a dog of his own, came to look at a puppy. He and I spent a while discussing puppies, training, dog needs, and all things dog. While we talked, Don threw the ball for Genna. At some point during our discussion I realized that here sat Genna's perfect home- except that Don did not have a fenced yard. At the time I was realizing that Don and Genna were perfect for each other, Don was deciding that he didn't know enough to start out with a 10 week old puppy. At that point I said, "well what would you think of getting an adult?" When I suggested Genna, Don looked at me with big eyes, and said, "Genna!- she is exactly what I want my dog to be." and so it was. Don agreed to go home (without Genna) and install a fence. He took to this task with enthusiasm and fenced a large portion of his 2 acres. When that task was completed, Don came and picked up Genna. I couldn't be happier. These two are perfect for each other and I sincerely hope that each is adding joy to the other's life.


It is hard to part with a dog you have lived with for almost 6 years- one that was born at your house, one that you held in your hands, cuddled, loved, and nurtured- but when you do let them go, and the perfect match is made, it makes your heart swell with pride.

Happy Birthday Genna- and may there be many more!

(Genna is the mother of Dove and Canyon)

Shelamo Shelties  – (August 10, 2009 at 9:58:00 AM PDT)  

Looks like she's having the time of her life! Love these happy stores.
Maureen

Sheltiedoc  – (August 10, 2009 at 9:59:00 AM PDT)  

Oh my gosh- her face reminds me so much of my Andy! Happy Birthday Genna!

Mordillio  – (August 10, 2009 at 11:55:00 AM PDT)  

Thanks for the agitating story. I like Genna also, shes so wonderful!
Funny greetings from sunny Austria!

Acadia's Rocket Man –   – (August 10, 2009 at 2:42:00 PM PDT)  

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!
Love,
Utley

Post a Comment