25 is a nice milestone

Today I received an AKC championship certificate for my 25th homebred champion, Ch. Acadia Trusted Opinion ("Tristan").   It is also 25 years ago that my first homebred champion, Ch. Acadia's Bright Idea, NA, NAJ, RA ("Payson"), was born (10/17/1998).  


Payson's mother was a cutie named Dana that Shirley Vicchitto, Zion shelties, leased to me for a litter.  I was hoping for a boy, and Dana had a litter of 6 boys.   I kept two brothers, Payson, and Rocky- who would also be one of the 25 champions bred by me.  He became Ch. Acadia Rock Solid, HT. 
1982- Ch. Parker of Mirluc, CD with
future Ch. Arista's Abbey Road (bottom)

Both Payson and Rocky produced champions.  Rocky can be found in Tristan's pedigree.   Payson can be found in many of the pedigrees of Sharon Crawford's Sunburst shelties. 

I have also had 10 dogs I purchased that completed the championship- for 35 champion dogs as of today.  Shirley met me because of my very first champion, Ch. Parker of Mirluc, CD, who I purchased from Betty Ieronimo, Mirluc shelties.    It was because of Parker that Shirley sold me Tucket, Ch. Zion Acadia Town Heroine, CDX, PT, VCX and it was because of my success with Tucket that Shirley leased Dana to me.  Tucket did produce 1 champion daughter- also a multi-titled dog, Ch. Acadia Another Story, UD, PT, NA, VCX.   
    I was living in Arizona, as was Sharon Crawford, and Sharon fell in love with Tucket.  Shirley sent Tucket's mother, Tuffy to me to show and Sharon loved her too.  Tucket had a brother, Ch. Zion's Man About Town, HT, NA, VC, 5CC ("Jamie"), who was THE hot winning dog at the time!  Sharon bred to Jamie which was very successful for her.  Subsequently I was able to purchase Ch. Sunburst Acadia Here I Come, ("Carrie") a descendant from these successful pairings who became the anchor of my breeding program.  
    It is so interesting how these dogs and people weave together.  I love looking back and seeing how the family is still going strong- thanks to good breeders who care about the dogs.  Many of the dogs in this family have titles in multiple venues.  They are smart, happy, and good "Shetland sheepdogs".   I look forward to the next 25.

Post a Comment